Friday, January 31, 2014

Will It Snow?



Our weather has been so mild lately that we actually have fruit flies in the house and can't seem to get rid of them. I've discovered that fruit flies don't just like fruit. They also like vegetables. They like water a lot too, so besides banning fruit and vegetables to outside the house, I've also taken to drying the kitchen sink all the time in an effort to get rid of the pesky little beggars.

There's a small chance it'll snow tomorrow. Bring it on, I say! Maybe that'll send the fruit flies packing, or flying, or whatever. And besides, when it snows I get to play outside and take pretty pictures. We've only had one snowfall this year and I think we deserve at least one more.
snow art

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get your snow, Peggy! :-)

There are some great suggestions at this link -- http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/424640

The apple cider vinegar works, put they'll keep coming back until you track down the source.

Pesky little monsters!

Peggy Collins said...

Thanks, Wendy...we've got a 30% chance of snow today and tomorrow so we'll see.

Thanks for the link about the fruit flies. We'll get the apple cider going today. My husband has taken to spraying rubbing alcohol all over and I'm practically choking...it works somewhat, but at what expense?