Friday, July 15, 2011

Beach Bunnies


Last week we went camping on Vancouver Island. Believe it or not, it was the first time I've ever stayed at an "official" campground and it was also the first time my two dogs had been camping...they loved it!

We spent our first night at a private campground and I was up half the night listening to my fellow campers who didn't know when to call it a night. We had much better experiences, however, at the campgrounds run by the provincial government...they were quiet, clean, and seemed to cater more to families and low-key types like me! And they were at least half the price. I did a little research afterwards and discovered that there are about 1,100 provincially-run campgrounds in British Columbia...an astounding number! It would take you three years to visit each campground.

The last night we stayed at a campground by the ocean and it was truly special. The wind was raging when we arrived and we went for a walk along the ocean as the sun set...an invigorating experience! Another bonus about this spot was that there were bunnies all over the place. I captured this pair foraging very close to our tent early in the morning. The bigger rabbit on the left was very attentive to the bunny on the right. I thought they made a very sweet couple.


Later that day we went for a walk along the ocean's shore while waiting for the ferry in Comox to take us back to the Sunshine Coast. I found lots of seashells, and was very excited when I found my first sand dollar. Here it is...



I'm really looking forward to getting back over there again soon. I really enjoyed my camping experience!

No comments: